VTS 07 Summer CPE

A place where I, Steve, can selfishly blog and hopefully have some friends along with me. Our focus this summer will be dealing with CPE (Church Punishes Everyone) and the trauma that goes with being a chaplain, being in community, and group process/group think. All are invited, and if you've run across us please do jump aboard.

Thursday, July 28, 2005

I am the Resurrection, I am the Life ....

Today, after watching a four hour open heart surgery I was exhausted as I began my rounds and was checking in on folks that I met with earlier this week. I was shocked out of my weariness by the news that a patient that I thought was nearing the end had made a nearly miraculous recovery last night and while things are still not stable, they are vastly improved. The family is still waiting and watching, but there is light and there is life ... though a tough journey lies ahead.

God's prevenient Grace is there, and while not everyone will get a new lease on life on earth, there IS Joy in life and there is the Hope of the Resurrection ... It was one of those good days after bad, like the rain that comes and brings cooler weather. What will tomorrow hold?

Almighty God, you gave us life at birth and you gave your only Son so that we might have eternal rest with you, let us feel your grace and your arms enfolding us as we walk our journey here on earth; and let us always remember that you are with us, and round about us on the way as we make our journey with your son, our Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

1 Comments:

Blogger spankey said...

Peter,

I'm so thankful you joined on. Your posts are heartfelt and a real eye opener for me as I seemingly go through the cpe motions as goodwin house. I continue to pray for you each day. May God continue to show you the joy and the hope that a life in Christ brings.

7/28/2005 10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home