VTS 07 Summer CPE

A place where I, Steve, can selfishly blog and hopefully have some friends along with me. Our focus this summer will be dealing with CPE (Church Punishes Everyone) and the trauma that goes with being a chaplain, being in community, and group process/group think. All are invited, and if you've run across us please do jump aboard.

Monday, July 25, 2005

where does health end and salvation begin?

God the Father, your will for all people is health and salvation;

We praise you and thank you, O Lord.

Goodwin House has an interesting hospice classification, "failure to thrive." I've been tracking a hospice patient for 5 weeks now based on her diagnosis "failure to thrive due to severe dementia." Thing is, she walks without help, spends most of the day out mingling with the rest of the residents, sometimes I get really confused as to why she's on hospice. But today I realized, health is not an option, but salvation is. This woman will not recover from her deteriorating condition, but she can still know God's will. My prayer is no longer for this resident to know God's healing power on Earth, but instead to know His saving embrace in the eternal now. I guess I get it know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home